28 Day 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certified Training with a focus on 26/2 Original Hot Yoga in 60min and/or 90min format that your home studio practices.
An immersive four-week training designed for you to obtain your Yoga Alliance RYT 200 certification. Training includes Yoga History and Philosophy, Subtle + Physical Anatomy and Physiology, Customer Service, Communication and Self Care workshops + exploratory classes to fulfill Yoga Alliance prerequisites and broaden our yoga landscape in Vinyasa, Yin, Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
Take your practice to the next level and master your teaching skills. This will be an intensive training that combines all styles of learning.
TRAINING IS FOR
- Anyone who wants to deepen their practice or obtain a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance certification to teach.
- Anyone interested in deepening your practice and finding a stronger version of yourself
- Understanding of how the subtle and physical anatomy & physiology of the body is related to the postures
- Learning yoga history and philosophy
- Allowing trainees ample time to practice teaching in 60min and 90min formats and to receive effective and useful coaching
- Enjoying the ease of the Riviera Maya in Mexico and steadiness of a yoga training
The Sterling Method Teaches
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Client retention and business best practices
- Classroom management
- Professional behavior
- Clear and concise communication
- Magnetic customer service
- Passionate and compassionate teaching
Sterling Participants Will Learn
- Sequence, key terms and phraseology of instruction
- Proper alignment, benefit, potential risks and rewards of each pose
- Principles of anatomy and how they apply to each posture
- How to see bodies and make corrections
- Vocal variety while maintaining an authentic voice
- Confidence though practice teaching
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Customer service aspect of a professional yoga instructor
- How to put it all together to teach with precision and intent
- Living the teaching lifestyle – how to manage money, stay healthy and avoid burnout as a yoga instructor
Sterling Trainees Will Get
- A comprehensive schedule
- Variety of learning tools
- Goals for each learning segment
- Efficient use of time
- Personal attention
- Healthy meals and rest
- Respect, safety and support
- Opportunity to meet potential employers
Sterling Hot Yoga Teacher Training
Check in to Casa Om by 12:30pm on Sunday,TBD
*Training starts at TBD
The training includes:
- Ground transportation from Cancun airport to Casa Om for arrivals booked on Sunday, June 5th to Puerto Morelos only.
- Ground transportation to Cancun airport from Casa Om for departures on Saturday, July 2 between 10am & 2pm.
- Check in by 12:30pm Sunday, June 5th
- Training starts at 5pm Sunday, June 5th
- Welcome tours and dinner on Sunday, Day 1.
- Shared Accommodations at Casa Om or comparable rooms nearby.
- Fresh linens 2x/week
- Healthy, tasty, high protein vegetarian brunch Monday through Saturday
- Vegetarian dinner Monday through Friday
- Mats & towels provided for each yoga class
- Daily laundry of yoga clothes
- 28 days of yoga instruction
- 28 days of yoga teaching instruction
- Up to 50 Hours of Pre-training homework and reading materials
- In order to meet the yoga alliance minimum requirements we will work Monday – Saturday. Sundays are a day off to relax, study or take an excursion.
- Posture Breakdown and Teaching Techniques, PBTT
- Physical and Subtle Anatomy
- Yoga History & Philosophy
- Customer Service, Communication, Self Care
- Sterling printed manual & dropbox files with training worksheets and other reference material
A Sample Day at the Training
- 7:30 – 9:30 Yoga Seminar / Group Work
- 10:00 – 11:30 Yoga Class led by teachers and/or trainees
- 11:30 – 2:00 Siesta for Lunching, Resting, Studying
- 2:00 – 4:00 Yoga Seminar / Group Work
- 4:30-6:00 Yoga Class led by teachers and/or trainees or Group Work
- 6:00-8:00 Dinner
- 8:00 – 10:00 Yoga Seminar / Group Work
About The Teachers
Lucille Allen E-RYT 200:
Lucille has been practicing yoga since 1997 and went to Bikram yoga teacher training in 2008, Yin, Iron Hour, Vinyasa, Hot Pilates and Tony Sanchez teacher training in 2013. She is co-owner of Sterling Hot Yoga Works in Mobile, Alabama. She holds a master’s degree in communication studies with an emphasis on instructional communication and leadership. Her unique combination of yoga knowledge, communication expertise, pedagogy and andragogy has allowed her to co-create and execute a strong and effective training program.
Jodi Orr E-RYT 200:
Jodi has been practicing yoga since 2006 and attended Bikram Yoga Teacher Training in 2008, Yin, Vinyasa, Iron Hour, Hot Pilates and Tony Sanchez teacher training in 2013. She is owner of Sterling Hot Yoga Works in Lexington, Kentucky since 2010. Represented the state of Kentucky in the 2009-2010 USA Asana Yoga Championship Regionals and Nationals. Jodi received a degree in Environmental Science while playing softball for Oregon State University. She has coached Softball and Weightlifting professionally for American NCAA Universities and for international clubs. Transitioning from professional sport is how she found the healing aspects of yoga. She has trained yoga teachers, weightlifting, athletes and coaches and has lead seminars in coaching, motivating and managing. At the Sterling Hot Yoga Works training, Jodi will share her knowledge of coaching, managing and motivating so that you can become the best yoga instructor you can be.
Erin Short E-RYT 500:
Erin has been practicing yoga since 2007 and attended Barefoot Works 200-hour teacher training in Lexington, Kentucky in 2017. She finished her 300-hour advanced teacher training at the Asheville Yoga Center in Asheville, North Carolina. She is trained in and teaches Vinyasa, Iron Hour, Yin, Restorative, Basics, and Inferno Hot Pilates. In 2017, Erin left a career in marketing and event planning to pursue a full time career in yoga, and now in addition to teaching, she combines both skills as the Marketing Director for Sterling Hot Yoga in Lexington and the Social Media Manager for Sterling Hot Yoga Teacher Training. Her passions lie in exploring the history and philosophy of yoga, as well as bringing the joy of yoga to as many people as possible. Erin is excited to share her knowledge and understanding of yoga’s deep roots with Sterling trainees so that they can, in turn, share the practice with a deep appreciation of its history.
Debbie Vojik, RN E-RYT 500:
Debbie has been a practicing nurse since 1993. Debbie began practicing yoga consistently in 1999. She was astounded by the physical changes, internal and external, that were occurring and wanted to be able to share this with as many people possible. She attended the 2006 spring Bikram teacher training in addition to Yin, Hot Pilates, Yoga Nidra, Vinyasa and more. Over the past eight years of teaching this transforming practice she has noticed so many changes in those she teaches, as well as herself. Debbie owns Bikram Yoga Mid Atlantic. She has received her Masters of Science in Yoga Therapy from Maryland University of Integrative Health.
Colene, better known as Coach Colene is the coolest person you haven’t met. Let’s change that! She is a Success Coach living in Kentucky, and works with individuals and entrepreneurs to help them “Be More…” However they define the more. She leads her clients with head, heart and a little bit of humor to empower them to reach their goals.
Colene has spent the past few years consulting yoga teachers, staff, owners, and customers, as well as over a decade working in Human Resources, and conflict resolution, she brings a unique perspective to the Sterling Teacher Training. She has seen it all, and is ready to share her best practices in communication, dealing with conflict, and finding purpose with your passion.
Casa Om has 11 beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, a spacious and well-equipped yoga room, swimming pool, a rooftop dining area and 2 kitchens. Bedrooms can set for either single or double occupancy, and have either a private bathroom or a bathroom shared between two rooms. Casa Om also has a new dorm that sleeps up to 6 people in bunk beds.
The rooms at Casa Om are comfortable and beautifully designed with air conditioning and fans. Drinking water and wifi are provided. Casa Om sleeps 26 and is across the street from the beach.
At Casa Om we run a full gourmet vegetarian kitchen. We offer extensive Mexican, Thai, New American, and Lebanese food options. Visitors love our fresh juices and superfood smoothies. All dishes are prepared with a healthy yogic lifestyle in mind. We love to make gluten free and vegan meals as well.
We will include breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights out of the 6 you are with us. The other nights we will venture out into town.
Our head chef, Eduardo, is a former restaurateur; he brings more than 10 years of professional cooking experience to Casa Om. He is passionate about food and his cooking classes are a favorite amongst our visitors. Those passionate about cuisine will find a like-minded soul.
Casa Om will arrange shuttle service to and from Cancun airport to Casa Om for arrivals booked on Sunday, TBD To Puerto Morelos. Also arranged is ground transportation to Cancun airport from Casa Om for departures on July 2.
Casa Om is a 20-minute car ride from the airport (CUN) to Casa Om. We are located at 9 mza 26 sm 02 avenue javier rojo gomez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
No Work, Just play. Retreat with us.
If a yoga retreat is more your speed than a yoga training, Come visit us during any session!
If you are attending training and want extend your stay, and explore by staying longer or arriving earlier please join us!
Retreat with us any dates between June18-25, 2022 Based on Availability. Double Occupancy: $170/night Please fill out retreat request RETREAT FORM
Optional Excursions (additional fee applies):
The Mexican Riviera is flush with these beautiful underground pools and a trip here isn’t complete without a dip in these refreshing waters. There are multiple cenotes to visit that are much less crowded than those in the Tulum area and only about 30min away by car. Find tranquility below ground or liven you experience with a cenote/zip line combination. Both options are available and booking at least a day in advance is recommended.
Snorkeling & Snuba
The biodiversity on the protect reef in the Mexican Riviera is stunning. Take off for an afternoon when the sun lights up the corals, tropical fish and sponges and search for turtles or reef sharks. Snorkelers can float above it all while snuba divers (no certification needed) can swim down into the tropical traffic. Either option will highlight why this area is protected and turned into a National Marine Park. Yogis can walk to the beach and take a 5min stroll to reach the operator. This natural oasis is literally steps from our retreat center.
If you’re a diver there’s twice the opportunity here, you can dive in the coral reefs or, for something a little different, take a cavern or cenote dive. Seasonally the more adventurous (crazy?) yogis can also try a bull shark dive…eek! Tons of diving options await the intrepid.
Akumal Sea Turtle Snorkel
The warm Caribbean waters off of the Mexican Riviera boast sea turtle populations year-round. You can outfit with a dive shop to snorkel with these lovelies or head out with your own gear and see if you get lucky.
The Mayan ruins at Coba is one of the few sites in the Yucatan that is still relatively unrestored. Many of these ancient buildings are the same as when they were rediscovered in 1890. The beautiful location is less hectic and touristy than other Mayan sites and is certainly worth the day trip.
Casa Om Spa
Whether you’re looking for an amazing massage or energy work, The Travel Yogi team can tell you first hand how amazing the team at Casa Om is. Please be prepared to book early to secure a spot. Once the word gets out from the first few massages, they’ll book up quickly!
Playa del Carmen
Take a shopping trip, have a great meal, or just enjoy people watching on a trip to Playa del Carmen. This is a fun tourist spot where you can shop for anything from cheap souvenirs to boutique items
Investment and Registration
Original Hot Yoga 26/2 TBD, 2022
Check in before 12:30 TBD. Training starts Sunday, June 5 at 5pm. If you need recommendation for lovely places to stay in Puerto for Sat night prior to training please contact us.
Cost of Training: (includes room and board-see details above)
Single Room Occupancy: $7500
Double Room Occupancy: $6999 per person
Early Bird Rate for Double Occupancy – Save $200 with promo code sterlingbird at check out by October 28, 2021.
For more information, contact us: Jodi@SterlingHotYogaWorks.com
Tel: 859-338-7119 Web: SterlingHotYoga.com